Saturday, December 13, 2014

1425: Reginaphelia

'Each one will be like a shelter from the wind
and a refuge from the storm,

like streams of water in the desert
and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land'


~

1. Of the three, you were the most absurd. everything was so different. Remember what that was like, laughing for the first time? In a way of course I have never laughed. I am the same now as I was in February, as I explained then in a blog how I wasn't Real. And yet there is no denying that some actions change things, that sometimes I am borrowing someone's turtleneck, and if only for that long, I am borrowing the sensation of being Real. and then you were like a cloud which became invisible because of the nighttime. Your name, before the night came, was also a hint. It recalled an old story where I almost. Almost everything. 

                 The cliché of my generation is 'I am not good with names.' It is just as common, just as boring as 'My fave color is blue' and 'Math is my strongest subject.' don't get me wrong, my fave color is blue too; except I am good with names. I know what these people are, that they are non-thinkers with bad memories, people who don't know stories. Well I know stories. I remember the story your name recalled, and they probably think I am crazy because of it.

2. It was brief. but it was like a freight train. No, as my teacher once said it was a Mack Truck crashing into a taco Stand. of the three, it is easy to imagine that you were the most immaterial, the most imaginative, something that never arrived not even as a hallucination. And yet I know that you did, that for a few brief hours a new empire was falling out of the sky, a ton of blue bricks. See I told you my fave color was blue.I think I picked you. if you are like a flower then I picked you & killed you, I plucked a little too hard to let you live.

                 And I remember your name, too. It means something in Latin. the Latin word also recalls an old story, it recalls the very empire which was falling out of the sky. It wasn't much, except that it was a Mack truck. At the time a certain dynasty was reclaiming their 'empire,' which they lost the same year I lost mine. Can you imagine how much destiny was flashing before my eyes? Can you understand why I thought. Thought. Almost?

3. And you were not a shadow. Yet I don't think I ever wore rose-colored glasses. They sell those, you know. the fact is you did not make me nervous. The other two people must have put my blood in the freezer, I had the ability to treat you with coolness. The question is, what have you done? What are you doing to remove your cognitive dissonance? was it more convenient that I should vanish entirely, that the thought of this adventure would burn your brain? Oh, what am I talking about. One person knows your secret. Knows that you are definitely a heel, that you are a draft-dodger & the shady character they show in movies. Except that person is, ehrm

                 Your name was the most suggestive of them all . . . Remove a few letters, and the reference was amazing, it would require a double-take. These people don't understand. It's like if someone approached you with a job offer, then you asked, 'What's your name?' And if they said 'Mephistopheles,' you would be like Woa!!! Serious scary mythical reference going on!! Well, they don't understand that your name was the same. Some people's brains can swing in this world. Others aren't going to tolerate it.

~

Almost there, we're almost there

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My favourite colour IS blue! :)

    Just zooming by to let you know your blog is not forgotten. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete